Saturday, January 7, 2012

Did you make a New Year's resolution?  It seems like most of us do.  What I find to be the most interesting is the variety of resolutions that are set.  Quit smoking, lose weight, take up a new hobby, go back to school, sleep more, organize my home, leave my boring job and do something I love, take a vacation, conduct more random acts of kindness, put my spouse before myself more often, redo the main bathroom, and yell less-hug more are just a few that I have heard from friends and acquaintances. 

As many researches and professionals would tell you, having a plan and setting goals is the best way to ensure that you have success with your resolution.  What better plan can be set in place than to ask God with assistance?  All of the things you want for yourself by way of resolutions are things that God wants for you too.  (Okay, so maybe He doesn't have much of an opinion about the decor of your bathroom, but if it makes you happy, then He'll be happy for you.)  Make the first step in your resolution be to pray and ask God for help.

The first few days of 2012 have been difficult on my resolution.  I think I'll take my own advice, pray, and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment